OCTL2P install pack also includes a Histogram Advisor, a Histogram Indicator and a Histogram Script.
Histogram Advisor and Histogram Script show volumes/prices data updated every 100 milliseconds* while the Histogram Indicator's data are updated every 1 second* or on MetaTrader Server (MTS) tick.
* The time frame can be changed by user in the code of corresponding file.
Note! You can only add one advisor to the chart window. If you want to use Histogram Advisor and OCTL2P simultaneously, you need to open two windows for the same currency pair.
To activate the histogram, double-click it in the Navigator window or drag and drop it onto the chart. The settings window will appear. Make sure that all the Allow… check boxes on the Common tab are selected. You can customize the histogram on the Inputs tab:
Level2Depth – the depth of market shown on the histogram.
- True – volume is shown in quantity of the base currency.
- False – volume is shown in lots.
DisplayOnBackground – show histogram background.
- True – real volume mode. Shows the actual volumes stacking the bands one to another without binding to price scale.
- False – real price mode. Shows the volume bands bound to price scale. Volume bands can be aggregated using actual L2 and therefore differ from 'real volume' bands.
MaxRequestVolume – specifies the L2 volume that will be used as the horizontal size of the histogram. The default value – 0.00 – means that the biggest current volume will be used as the horizontal size of the histogram.
HistoBarSizeInPerc – the horizontal size of the histogram against the width of the chart (%).
HistoBarThicknessInPixel – the vertical size of the histogram's bars (for 'real volume' mode only; 'real price' bands are always 1 pixel height).
- BindToChartShift – if True: snap the histogram to the chart. When you shift the chart, the histogram is also shifted.
Also you can change the colors of the histogram. By default the light sections of the bars show real volumes and the dark sections of the bars show cumulative volumes.
Histogram also includes:
Yellow and grey vertical dotted lines – scale marks; yellow - non-cumulative volumes, grey - cumulative volumes.
Bands' numbers – show max non-cumulative ask/bid volumes available (by default – light red/green numbers) and max cumulative ask/bid volumes available (by default – dark red/green numbers).
Vertical red line – allows changing the horizontal size of the histogram (HistoBarSizeInPerc) by double-clicking on it and dragging.